Graduate School Preparation Class is for students who aim to enter a graduate school in Japan. Through classes such as “Writing a Research Plan Paper”, “Interview Practice”, “Method on Writing an Essay”, “Thesis Reading Comprehension”, students will learn the Japanese language skill, logical thinking skill, cultivate problem solving skill, and basic self research skill, needed in all areas of studies and the skill to pass the graduate school entrance exam.
- Original curriculum based on the schedule of the graduate school entrance exam.
- Step-by-step training of academic Japanese required for research at a graduate school.
- Full support from our experienced teachers through personal counseling.
- Studying environment where students work hard to aim for the same goal.
- Latest information on higher education advice through our wide network of alumni.
Successful Results of 2015
Academic Achievements of April 2015: 37 students
(National/Public 5, Private 30, Graduate School Research Student 2)
Keio University Graduate School, Waseda University, Sophia University Graduate School, Rikkyo University Graduate School, Nihon University Graduate School, Hosei University Graduate School, Aoyama Gakuin University Graduate School, Meiji University Graduate School, Chuo University Graduate School etc.
Main Content of Class and Schedule
||Road to Success
(Jul - Sep)
|Training Basic Japanese
& Writing Research Plan Paper
- Specify the reason for research
- How to gather information on research
- How to find a suitable Graduate School
- Basics of logical writing expression
- Acquisition of basic treatment expression
Decide on a research theme!
Choose a Graduate School!
Visit research office!
Announcement of Result
(Oct - Dec)
|Intensive Exam Preparation
- Research plan paper completion and review
- Oral examination, interview preparation
- Essay preparation
- Method on organizing and presenting a bibliography
- Critical reading
- Method on reading an essay
- Conversation using treatment expression
Jan - Mar)
|Last Minute Preparation
& Practical Exercise Needed After Admission
- Last minute preparation for the test
- Practical instruction for an approach and presentation after
- Essay writing
There will be outdoor classes every term. Fee is included in tuition.
||Reading Comprehension & Discussion (Current Events)
||Oral Expression (Speech)
||Research Plan Practice
||Essay Reading Comprehension
||9 months (July 2016 to March 2017) 3 months x 3 terms
*Application from October will be acceptable only if there is a vacancy
||Monday to Friday / 9:15 – 12:30 or 13:30 – 16:45
- Graduated university and has a bachelor degree.
- Has a clear vision of their thesis at Graduate School.
- Students who correspond to any of the following (1) to (2)
(1) Have JLPT N1
(2) Have taken ARC Academy’s Japanese exam and scored a certain grade
- Japanese Paper Test (Those who have JLPT N2 are exempted from the paper test)
- Essay Test
||Please refer to the brochure and the Entrance Procedure for Study Abroad Course
- The above fee does not include application fee, registration fee and textbook fee.
- Due to the high professional and special curriculum, the tuition differs to the tuition of the
Study Abroad Class.
JLPT & EJU exam preparation optional lessons are offered outside of class for those who are interested.（Additional charge）
||ARC Academy Sales Department
2-23-10 Koraku, Bunkyo-ku,